With spring and St. Patrick’s Day around the corner, I am thinking rainbows! Are you ready for a super simple, adorable rainbow necklace craft? This craft is great for practicing fine motor skills… Before we begin, here are a few great books to go along with this fun activity…
Preschool Rainbow Necklace Craft
Muffin tin for sorting
1. Open the package of Twizzlers and cut the licorice into 1 inch pieces.
2. Using a muffin tin, sort the colors by placing all of the same colors in each tin.
3. Cut your plastic beading string to 12 inches and tie a knot at the end.
4. Begin to “bead” your necklace by dropping Twizzlers pieces onto the string in the order of the colors of the rainbow:
5. Leave about the last 1 1/2 inches of the string without Twizzlers so you can tie the necklace in a tight knot. Snip off any extra string with a scissors.
6. That’s it! Enjoy wearing your festive necklace. Happy St. Patrick’s Day!
If you liked this post, you will also like:
Preschool Crafts for Kids