Mrs. Karle’s Sight and Sound Reading Program™ offers FREE resources to help teach, strengthen and reinforce the reading needs of beginning readers, struggling readers, students with special needs, and students with English as their second language. Mrs. Karle’s Sight and Sound Reading Program™ creatively teaches the 250 basic sight words -the words found in 80% of what children read – along with teaching and reinforcing of PHONICS, spelling, punctuation and comprehension.
- These are the most frequently read words used in 80% of what children read.
- This is a “sight and sound” program that teaches or reinforces phonics, spelling, punctuation and comprehension.
- Our program uses time-tested choral repetition and reinforcement of skills.
- The Sight and Sound Reading Program has a built in comprehension program. This program teaches children to think about what they are reading.
- From day one, the children are taught to read with expression and understanding.
- They are taught to love reading because it has meaning.
- The Sight and Sound Reading Program teaches left-to-right and concept-of-word. These skills are particularly important in teaching “at risk” children.
- The Sight and Sound Reading Program has a built-in-review. This can be done anywhere— at home, school, or on the go. Do it daily, then, share it with others. The children love positive feedback about how well they can read. Most parents quickly feel that they are an important part of helping their child learn to read. Just listening to their child read daily, boosts the self esteem of both child and parent.
- Mrs. Karle’s Sight and Sound Reading™ program is a transparent way of helping teach children to read.
- Teachers love the program because it is so easy to teach. Parents love the program because it is so easy to ‘share’. Children love the program because it is so easy to learn.
About the Author Contact Us