A butterfly is identical with the coming of spring and the beauty of summer. It will make your day brighter and prettier. Let’s celebrate the coming of spring and summer with these creative and colorful butterfly craft projects.
These butterfly craft projects are also great to help your preschool or kindergarten get more engaged in several areas:
- Language arts – Butterfly preschool craft is great for kids to learn the letter B
- Science – You can introduce the life cycle in a simple way
- Arts – This craft will rock your art class
- Mathematics – Several crafts will be great as a counter or kids can practice doubling the number by counting the wings.
Before we start, here are some great books about butterflies you can explore while doing this craft:
National Geographic Readers: Caterpillar to ButterflyNational Geographic Readers: Great Migrations ButterfliesA Butterfly Is PatientMy, Oh My–A Butterfly!: All About Butterflies (Cat in the Hat’s Learning Library)Are You a Butterfly? (Backyard Books)From Caterpillar to Butterfly (Let’s-Read-and-Find-Out Science 1)Monarch ButterflyThe Very Hungry Caterpillar (Picture Puffins)
23 Butterfly Craft Projects for Preschool or Kindergarten
Here are several butterfly preschool craft projects to check out
- Mrs. Karle’s Sight and Sound Reading (us) Easy Smiley Butterfly Kid Paper Craft
- While Wearing Heels – Butterfly Finger Puppet
- Fun a Day – Butterfly Life Cycle Craft Necklace
- Mama Miss – Butterfly Life Cycle Activity
- Two Daloo – Butterfly Suncatchers
- I Heart Crafty Things – Contact Paper Sticky Wall Butterfly Craft
- Meaningful Mama – Butterfly Pasta Canvas Art
- Kids Activities Blog – No-Mess Painted Butterfly Craft
- Crafts by Amanda – Colorful Foil Clothespin Butterfly
- My Poppet – Paper Butterfly Garland
- Artsy Craftsy Mom – Stick and Leaf Butterfly Nature Craft
- The Craft Train – DIY Butterfly Pinata
- Crazy Little Projects – Dress Up Butterfly Wings Pattern
- Fun a Day – Name Activities with a Butterfly Craft
- I Heart Crafty Things – Apple Print Butterfly Kids Craft
- The Craft Train – Woven Craft Stick Butterflies
- Pre-K Pages – Butterfly Life Cycle Sensory Bin
- Kids Activities Blog – Paper Mache Crafts for Kids: Butterfly
- Hands On We Grow – Coffee Filter Butterflies
- Lolly Jane – Butterfly Snack Bags
- Pre-K Pages – Coffee Filter Butterfly Craft
- Make It Love It – Paper Towel Butterflies
- Crafts by Amanda – Butterfly Craft: Watercolors and Clothespins
- I Heart Crafty Things – Foam Cup Butterfly Craft
If you like this post, you will like:
Madreen Karle is a master first grade reading teacher with over 30 years of classroom experience. She taught reading in a special needs and English as a Second Language classroom. After retiring she wrote a reading program to help others learn how to teach reading. She is a trusted educator and author of 5 books to help teach children to read and write. In addition to her books, she is a mentor for 3 websites that give reading teacher tips (Mrs. Karle’s Sight and Sound Reading, Mrs. Karle’s Reading Patch, and Mrs. Karle’s Handwriting Patch). Through her teaching she learned that confidence was the key to learning to read. A child who is not confident at reading does not like to read and struggles to read. Mrs. Karle created “sunshine moments” to help teach children how to grow their confidence and learn to read.
Meeghan Karle Mousaw (Madreen’s daughter) has her Master’s in Special Education. She has 8 years experience teaching children to read online. In addition, she developed a curriculum to teach children handwriting called The Handwriting Patch. With the Handwriting Patch learning is fun because children learn to draw and learn handwriting at the same time. In 2019 The Handwriting Patch curriculum became an amazon best seller the first year it was released, helping thousands of kids learn handwriting with a unique, fun method. She is mom to 6 kids, each with differently learning abilities and struggles.
The Reading Patch was established by the creators of Mrs. Karle’s Sight and Sound Reading. Together they have been featured on the NBC media outlets and Parents Magazine online. Over the last 8 years in their online platform, Madreen and Meeghan have worked tirelessly with teachers, homeschoolers and parents looking to help children learn to read to become a trusted authority in teaching children to read and advocating early literacy skills. They often partner with other educational experts to deliver the most current information to the Reading Patch community.