Today we have another activity where you can help your child learn to write his name (or learn to write someone else’s name! Today we will be making Free Printable Christmas Place Cards! You may remember when we made Printable Thanksgiving Place Cards for Kids. Today we will set the Christmas table! I love activities that help practice name writing because it is a great way for little ones to be helpful and have a good time preparing for the festivities! If you want a few more ideas to help children entertain themselves while sitting down for Christmas dinner, I found some cute placemats and tablecloths! I can’t wait to give them a try!
Free Printable Christmas Place Cards
Place cards are great practice for writing your name (or someone else’s name!). Start with a capital letter and then the rest are lower case letters. More tips for helping a child to write his/her name can be found here. Additionally, it is great handwriting practice for all children. My third grader loves to practice her cursive letters on the place cards!
1) Have your child write names of all the guests on the paper/cards. Make sure they start with a capital letter and make the rest of the letters lower case. Most children starting kindergarten don’t do this, so keep reinforcing this skill.
2) Cut the cards out of the paper.
3) Paste the cards onto construction paper
3) Cut out each of the cards on the construction paper. The children can color the cards too!
To get your Free Printable Christmas Place Cards, enter your name in the form below. You will be added to our newsletter list where you will find out about great things, like more free worksheets. If you have any trouble with the download, please email me at [email protected].
2. Get tips to help you grow a confident new or struggling reader
you will learn how to break free from patching together reading lessons
and learn how to grow a confident reader.
If you like this post, you will also like
Worksheet for Kids