I am so excited to share with you this paper plate turkey craft that I made for you! I think he is so cute! He is so easy to make… perfect for Thanksgiving (or, for teaching the letter T!) Before we get started, though, I wanted to share with you some book ideas for Thanksgiving!
Pete the Cat: The First ThanksgivingTurkey TroubleRun, Turkey, Run!Thanksgiving Is for Giving Thanks! (Reading Railroad)I Know an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Pie (Picture Puffins)I Know an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Pie (Picture Puffins)10 Fat TurkeysOne Little, Two Little, Three Little Pilgrims (Picture Puffin Books)
Paper Plate Turkey Craft
Here is a cute picture of our Paper Plate Turkey Craft! The directions are below… super simple
Tan, yellow, and red felt
Large googly eyes
Red, orange, yellow, and green acrylic craft paint
Foam paint brush
Mason jar lid and ring
1. Cut a paper plate in half and use your foam paintbrush to sponge paint your plate in all four colors and let dry.
2. Trace the ring of a Mason jar onto your tan felt, leaving about 1.5″ on top open.
3. Then place the flat lid on top of the traced partial circle and trace the top connecting the two together to make a snowman shape.
4. Cut out along the line on the bottom circle and cut the top slightly smaller than the traced circle.
5. Cut a small yellow triangle from your yellow felt and a red “wattle” from the red felt and glue to the top of the tan felt snowman.
6. Glue the eyes above the beak and glue the tan piece onto the front center of the painted plate.
7. Let dry overnight.
If you like this post, you will also like: