(This craft was inspired by a Pete the Cat Book! You can out more about Pete the Cat on his website!) Pete the Cat is an adorable set of books for young kids that every kid should read at least once. There are a lot of books, and so many fun ways to tie learning into the books. In Pete the Cat and His Magical Sunglasses, Pete is sad. He is given a pair of magical blue sunglasses that helps him see the world in a whole new way, which cheers him right up! Pete goes around helping all his friends have a better day by trying the glasses on. Of course, at the end of the story, Pete learns he can see things in a new way even without glasses! This fun craft lets kids literally see things in a new way by creating their own set of Pete the Cat magical sunglasses craft.
Pete the Cat Magical Sunglasses Craft
What you’ll need to make the Pete the Cat magical sunglasses craft:
- Blue cardstock paper
- Blue pipe cleaners
- Plastic baggies
- Blue sharpie
Pete the Cat Magical Sunglasses Craft Directions
- Fold a piece of blue cardstock paper in half. Draw the outline of one side of glasses on the paper. While the paper is folded, cut out the glasses. When you open the paper, you will have a pair of glasses.
- Cut open the plastic bag. Place one side over the glasses. Glue in place. When the glue is dry, cut the excess plastic off the glasses.
- Cut the pipe cleaner in half. Glue one half to the side of each lens so kids can wear the glasses. Wait for the glue to dry.
- When the glue is dry, color the clear part of the glasses with the blue sharpie. Let the sharpie dry.
- Once everything is dry, help the kids wear the sunglasses by molding the pipe cleaner around their ears.
Kids will be delighted to see that their whole world is now blue!
Talk about how Pete the Cat isn’t a literal story, but a concept of how you can make your own day better, just by changing your attitude!
Products you may like:
If you like this post, you will also like