Presidents Day Activities for Kids
25 President's Day Kindergarten Activities
President's Day is around the corner! I wanted to put together a big list of President's Day activities that can be used in a preschool/Kindergarten/First grade classroom or homeschool.
Before we begin, here are a few of my favorite books that I read for President's Day.
The Story of George WashingtonOur Abe LincolnPresidents' Day
Here are my favorite President's Day Activities for Kindergarten/Preschool/First Grade.
- Make Paper bag President Puppets
- Do a President's Day Lesson Plan by reading a book, singing a song and doing a free president's day activity.
- Read Duck for President and hold an election!
- Put together a president Venn-Diagram, and then follow up with a persuasive writing project about the presidents.
- Presidents Day Activities - The First Grade Sweet Life
- Watch these videos and sing along with songs about the presidents! Free President Songs and Rhymes for Circle Time - Living Montessori Now
- Print out this free no-prep flip book to use with your Presidents Day unit study or just for a fun activity to learn about fun facts about the presidents. Flipping Over the Presidents - Creating Readers and Writers
- Read Buzzy and Thomas move into the President's House -and learn about Thomas Jefferson's dog and all the emotions Buzzy has when he finds out he is to move into the President' house.
- Test your presidential knowledge with this free trivia quiz. Then if you really want to test your knowledge, play the "All the Presidents' Dogs" game Presidential Trivia - Diva Girl Parties and Stuff
- Transform into your favorite president with these fun and easy DIY masks using paper plates! Presidents Day Masks - Lakeshore
- These president themed photo props would be a fun way to celebrate President's Day! Happy President's Day Craft - Sandy Toes and Popsicle Blog
- A list of fun projects and crafts to learn more about Abraham Lincoln. "I Am Abraham Lincoln" Unit Study - Day 2 Presidential Puppet, Log Cabin, & More - Surviving a Teacher's Salary
- Make a mini George Washington and Abe Lincoln using toilet paper rolls with this fun craft. President Lincoln & Washington Toilet Paper Tube Craft for Kids - Surviving a Teachers Salary
- Download these free pattern sets and create a fun craft inspired by George Washington and Abraham Lincoln, then finish up with a fun writing prompt with your kids about they would do if they had Abe Lincoln's hat. Craftivities for President's Day - A Cupcake for the Teacher
- Combine crafting and snack time with this mini edible version of Abraham Lincoln's using pretzels and graham crackers! Presidents' Day Log Cabin
- All you need are a few popsicle sticks and some construction paper to build another kid friendly version of Abraham Lincolns log cabin. Learning Labratory: President's Day! - Mama Smiles
- Create a mini top hat just like the one Abraham Lincoln used to wear. Abraham Lincoln's Hat - Education.com
- This is the perfect way to combine Presidents' Day, science, and money skills all into a hands on activity. Presidents' Day Science: Coin Cleaning Experiment