Nothing is more exciting for kids than the countdown to Christmas. Kids will ask almost every day how long it is until Christmas. Rather than answer the same question 100 times a day, make this fun Santa’s beard advent calendar with your kids so they can know precisely at each moment how long it will be until Santa arrives. This Santa advent calendar craft is not only a super cute way to count down to Christmas, but it is also super simple to make! You can make it using supplies you already have lying around the house. Before we begin though, I always like to share a few book ideas to go along with your craft. Here are a few books that will help the kids get excited about Christmas. If you don’t want to make your own advent calendar there are some really creative ones on amazon (see below)
The Night Before ChristmasThe Berenstain Bears and the Joy of GivingGod Gave Us ChristmasLlama Llama Jingle BellsHow the Grinch Stole Christmas! (Classic Seuss)Melissa & Doug Countdown to Christmas Wooden Advent CalendarHot Wheels Advent CalendarLEGO Star Wars 75146 Advent Calendar Building Kit (282 Piece)Elf Magic Advent CalendarFisher-Price Little People Advent Calendar
Santa Advent Calendar Craft
For the Santa advent calendar craft you will need:
- 32 cotton balls
- Glue stick
- Red construction paper
- White construction paper
- White paper plate
- Red pom pom
- Black pom poms
- Red ribbon
If you don’t have everything on the list, make do with what you have at home! There are no rules to the crafting process.
- Cut out a triangle of red paper and a beard shape from white paper to make Santa’s beard and hat. Glue the beard and hat to the paper plate.
- Cut two white circles for Santa’s eyes and glue them to the center of the plate. Glue the red pom pom to the plate for Santa’s nose and the two black pom poms to the white circles to make Santa’s eyes.
- Glue six cotton balls to the base of the hat and one cotton ball to the top of the hat.
- Glue a loop of red ribbon to the top of Santa’s hat and hang the advent calendar within your children’s reach.
How to Use the Santa’s Beard Advent Calendar
Let the kids add one cotton ball to Santa’s beard for each day counting down to Christmas. We did 25 days for our version, but if you want a longer countdown, feel free to add more to Santa’s beard.
Go see these amazing posts from the bloggers that have hosted this Fantabulous Christmas Favorites Party:
- Free Christmas Label and Christmas Card Printables from Creative K Kids
- Christmas Wreath Ornament from By Trish Sutton
- Christmas Stories for Kids from Maria Magdalena Living Ideas
- The Best Mince Pies for Christmas from Snapshots and Snippets
- Santa Advent Calendar Craft from Mrs. Karle’s Sight and Sound Reading
If you liked this post, you will also like: