This morning my son was excited to find a brand new waffle box ready for him to use his creativity. He eagerly grabbed the box, cut a rectangle out of one side, took his little cars and drove them inside. It’s a garage, he yelled! I thought to myself, you are right….It’s not a box! So, today I have some fun ideas and activities for the book Not a box. This is a great book to help teach the letter B, or the word family ox ending, or… just a fun lesson in creativity! Today I have some Not a Box Lesson Plan and Activities for you.
Not a Box Lesson Plan and Activities
Today we are learning the letter B …(or the ox word family)… Or, we are just going to have some good creative fun! Today we will do some Not a Box Activities!
- Make a list of things you can make with a box! Lists are good things to make because they are a precursor to writing sentences.
- Discuss real vs. Fantasy – It this story real? Can we help it to be real? Do we use our imagination when we create our own ideas out of a box? Does bunny know that the not a box is really a real box? Do you know the not a box is really a real box?
- Have fun making things with the box! Students can work together to create imaginary things out of the box
- Make the Not a Box Activity book (free download below). Draw all the different ideas of what a box could become…or what a box did become when you transformed all the boxes!
- Make things with a box!! Go to a grocery store or “big box” store and ask for boxes if you need help finding boxes. A lot of times they will give you boxes free of charge that you can use to explore and create. One time I went to “Best Buy” and was able to pick up a HUGE washer box. The kids had so much fun!
To get your free Not a Box Activities and Lesson packet, enter your email into the form below. You will be added to our mailing list where you will find out about more fun things. If you wish to remove yourself, just follow the directions in the email with your freebie (or unsubscribe yourself from the first newsletter when it comes). Enjoy!
If you liked this post, you will also like: