It is always such an awe-inspiring sight to see a rainbow. Today I want to capture that awesomeness with this Rainbow Wine Cork Painting craft. Are you ready to have fun?
It is great to read books before or after the craft activity. Here are some books about rainbow I would like to recommend for kids:
Rainbow Wine Cork Painting
- Wine cork
- Craft paint in rainbow colors
- Rainbow coloring sheet printable
- Paper towels (optional)
- Have your child dip a wine cork into their choice of colors and press it down into the lines on the rainbow coloring sheet. They can alternate colors, or make each line of the rainbow a single color if they like.
- You can wash the wine cork in between each color, or you can have a few wine corks on hand so that no washing in between is required.
- Doing this colorful worksheet craft is the perfect time to help your child learn their colors. Have them repeat the name of each color as they make a new circle on their rainbow worksheet.
- Each time your child dips the wine cork into the paint, they can dab it on a piece of paper towel before pressing it onto their coloring sheet to get off some excess paint. This is not a required step, but a helpful tip so that your rainbow sheet will dry more quickly.
If you would like a rainbow printable so that you can make this Easy Rainbow Wine Cork Painting, just enter your name/email into the form below. You will be added to our email list where you will find out about more fun. You will also be automatically sent the worksheet that goes along with this craft. If you have any trouble getting this download, please email me at [email protected] Or leave a comment below 🙂
you will learn how to break free from patching together reading lessons
and learn how to grow a confident reader.
2.Get tips to help you grow a confident new or struggling reader
Madreen Karle is a master first grade reading teacher with over 30 years of classroom experience. She taught reading in a special needs and English as a Second Language classroom. After retiring she wrote a reading program to help others learn how to teach reading. She is a trusted educator and author of 5 books to help teach children to read and write. In addition to her books, she is a mentor for 3 websites that give reading teacher tips (Mrs. Karle’s Sight and Sound Reading, Mrs. Karle’s Reading Patch, and Mrs. Karle’s Handwriting Patch). Through her teaching she learned that confidence was the key to learning to read. A child who is not confident at reading does not like to read and struggles to read. Mrs. Karle created “sunshine moments” to help teach children how to grow their confidence and learn to read.
Meeghan Karle Mousaw (Madreen’s daughter) has her Master’s in Special Education. She has 8 years experience teaching children to read online. In addition, she developed a curriculum to teach children handwriting called The Handwriting Patch. With the Handwriting Patch learning is fun because children learn to draw and learn handwriting at the same time. In 2019 The Handwriting Patch curriculum became an amazon best seller the first year it was released, helping thousands of kids learn handwriting with a unique, fun method. She is mom to 6 kids, each with differently learning abilities and struggles.
The Reading Patch was established by the creators of Mrs. Karle’s Sight and Sound Reading. Together they have been featured on the NBC media outlets and Parents Magazine online. Over the last 8 years in their online platform, Madreen and Meeghan have worked tirelessly with teachers, homeschoolers and parents looking to help children learn to read to become a trusted authority in teaching children to read and advocating early literacy skills. They often partner with other educational experts to deliver the most current information to the Reading Patch community.