Kids love crafts, but many of the crafts online today are meant for older kids. If you try them with young kids, you will just have a disaster on your hands. This craft, however, is perfect for little ones just getting into crafting. Transform paper lunch bags into talking, interactive Letter M paper bag mouse puppets craft. Kids will love making and playing with their mice.
If you want to make this with a class full of kids, put everything that each child needs into a bag or into the paper sack so that when crafting time is at hand, all you have to do is hand each kid a bag and a glue stick. This will save your sanity even in a large group of kids.
If desired, kids can color or decorate their mouse when they are finished making the mouse puppets.
Before we begin, here are a few fun book ideas for teaching the letter m:
Paper Bag Mouse Puppet Craft
What you’ll need to make the paper bag mouse puppet craft:
- Paper bags (1 per child)
- Construction paper
- Pink pom poms
- Glue stick
- Googly eyes
Paper Bag Mouse Puppet Craft Directions
- Before starting the activity with kids, cut out two brown ears (or white if you use white paper bags) and two pink ear centers. Cut out six strips of black paper to make whiskers.
- Set aside a set of ears, a set of whiskers, two googly eyes, a paper bag, and a pom pom for each kid.
- When the children are ready to make the craft, show them how to fold down the two corners of the bag and glue it so the puppet looks more mouse-like.
- Show the kids how to glue on the eyes, whiskers, ears, and nose to the mouse.
- On the flap under the mouse’s nose, you can color a red oval for a tongue, or leave it blank.
- Show the kids how to put the puppet on and open and close the mouth.
Young kids will have a blast making their mouse talk.
Would you like Free Letter M beginning sound worksheets to go along with your craft? Enter your name/email for free Letter M beginning sound worksheets to help you teach the letter M! If you have any trouble getting the freebie, please email me at [email protected]
2. Get tips to help you grow a confident new or struggling reader
you will learn how to break free from patching together reading lessons
and learn how to grow a confident reader.
If you like this post, you might like: