The letter M is one of the most-used letters in the alphabet. Kids will love learning about the letter M with this fun Letter M Craft for mouse toilet roll craft. You don’t have to use real toilet paper rolls. You can cut apart paper towel rolls, or purchase craft rolls from a local craft store or online. These little mice are so cute and they make the perfect M craft for M week in kindergarten or preschool. Before we start, I would like to share some great books to read for children with the letter M Craft
M is for Mouse Toilet Roll Craft for Kids
What you’ll need to make the M is for Mouse toilet roll craft for each child:
- 1 toilet paper roll
- Grey paint
- 1 pink pipe cleaner
- Pink construction paper
- 1 pink pom pom
- 2 googly eyes
M is for Mouse Toilet Roll Craft Directions
This craft takes just a bit of prep work. Before giving the craft supplies to kids to make, cut out some of the supplies ahead of time.
- Cut out an ear shape from pink paper, then use this as a template for all the other ears you need. You will need two ears per mouse.
- Cut a pipe cleaner into thirds, and use one third per child.
- Make a little bag of supplies with the toilet paper roll, googly eyes, pom pom, ears, and a marker to keep things easy.
- On craft day, let the kids paint their toilet paper rolls.
- Once the paint is dry, glue on googly eyes.
- Draw a nose with a marker and add whiskers.
- Glue the pom pom to the base of the nose.
- Glue the pipe cleaner tail and the pink ears to the mouse’s body.
- Let the mouse dry before sending her home with the kids.
While completing this craft, have the kids think of other words that start with the letter M. There are tons of M words, and kids will love trying to think of as many as they can.
Would you like Free Letter M beginning sound worksheets to go along with your craft? Enter your name/email for free Letter M beginning sound worksheets to help you teach the letter M! If you have any trouble getting the freebie, please email me at Mrs.Mousaw@sightandsoundreading.com
If you like this post, you might like: