Music begins with the letter M. Using music is a really fun way to teach the letter m sound. To help use music to teach the letter m, it is really fun to hum to music. By humming, you are making the letter m sound. In addition, you can make a cute craft of the letter M that features musical notes. Today we are going to make a Letter M Craft: Music Note Craft. Make sure that before or after you make your letter M Craft: Music Note Craft you turn on some music and hum using the M sound. If you are looking for some fun books to teach the letter M sound, here are a few of our favorites:
Letter M Craft: Music Note Craft Materials
- White construction paper
- Black construction paper
- Bottle cap
- Black Crayon
Letter M Craft: Music Note Craft Directions
- Fold the white piece of paper in half.
- Using the ruler, measure about 1.5” from each side, and draw a line.
- Using the middle half as a guide, make the V part of the M. (the paper folded in half helps keep it symmetrical)
- Fold the paper in half, and cut along the lines.
- Using a bottle cap, trace circles on the black piece of paper.
- Using the black scraps, cut out small rectangles (around .5” wide).
- With the black Crayon, draw lines on the white M.
- Glue the black dots on the white M.
- Add the black rectangles to the right side of the circles to make music notes! (these are called quarter notes.)
Bonus: You can also add another rectangle across the top of two music notes, to make eighth notes.
If you like this post, you might like: