It is time to get crafty again as we get close to the Valentine’s Day. Some cute valentine sucker butterflies will certainly make your day. The googly eyes will flirt with you, while the double-hearted wings look so cute. I hope you can not wait to create these adorable valentine sucker butterflies. These make great gifts to give a little person. They do require hot glue to make so if you make them with little people, please use caution and do the hot glue for them. Another option you can use is strong double-sided sticky tape.
Before we start, let me share some of our favorite Valentine’s Day books.
The Biggest Valentine EverPete the Cat: Valentine’s Day Is CoolThere Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Rose!Roses Are Pink, Your Feet Really StinkHappy Valentine’s Day, Mouse! (If You Give…)Llama Llama I Love YouSplat the Cat: Funny Valentine
Valentine Sucker Butterflies
- Suckers (I used Dum Dums but you could use any brand)
- Small felt hearts
- Low temp hot glue gun (You can also use strong double sided sticky tape)
- Googly eyes
SALE!! kedudes Popsicle Wood Colored Craft Stick, 4-1/2-Inch – Pack of 240 – Ideal for crafters, teachers, and students.Blusmart Mini Hot Glue Gun with 25 Pieces Melt Glue Sticks, 20 Watts Blue High Temperature Glue Gun for DIY Craft Projects and Repair KitNew Image Group Stick it Felt Shapes, Hearts, 68 piecesWatch them wiggle eyes, Black(500 PIECES) – BULK
- Plug in the hot glue gun and allow it to heat up.
- Take 2 googly eyes and hot glue them to the front of the sucker.
- Take two small felt hearts and place a dab of hot glue on the bottom and place a second felt heart on top so they overlap (see photo). Let set.
- Flip the connected hearts over and place a dab of hot glue directly in the middle and then place the sucker stick on the glue and let set.
- Repeat with all the suckers.
If you like this post, you might like: